Friday 11 April 2008

Presents!

For me this time, not for you.

I checked the mail today and there was one of those little 'Parcel' cards. I hadn't ordered anything so I didn't know what to expect. But wee! I was so happy when I found this waiting for me at the counter! I ran home to open it, well I didn't run, but I got back to the house in a hurry.


Yay presents for me! and look where it's from.


ooo...International Presents. What could it be?

I carefully removed the wrapping paper and inside was another layer of packaging and as I was pulling that open this little bony face popped out at me to say, 'Arrgh, me matey. And a happy birthday to ye'. Okay well he didn't actually talk, but that's what I heard in my head. Don't judge me.


Isn't it too cute?? For those who don't know me well, I have a love of containers - all sizes, all types, all shapes - I love having them around. Why? Because you can put stuff in them. But wait, this little pirate lunchbox is a little hefty because all of this was in it too!


Ohhh. Invader Zim. How I love these cartoons which rarely air here now. The story is about Zim, an Irken screw-up who is sent to take over Earth (really they are just trying to get rid of him) assisted by his handy reject robot G.I.R (who often disguises himself as a dog). And in that box is the Complete Invasion! Gir makes me giggle like you would not believe. I have heard, more than once, that I am a little bit like Gir. I take it as a compliment. You don't know Invader Zim? Created by the genius that is Jhonen Vasquez? Shame on you. Go watch Gir now and come back. Isn't he great?

Okay you crafty people I was holding out on the yarn in an attempt to broaden your tv watching habits (life is not all reality tv, you know). The yarn was already mine, it got left behind when I came back to Canada. It is Lanett Superwash in my favourite (Hallowe'en) colours. And besides being useful for making stuff it also makes excellent padding! What should I make with this now?

So thank you, D, for an awesome birthday present! (Yes, I know it isn't until Monday, but it came today and there was no one here to stop me from opening it! So there.) I'm going to go watch Invader Zim now.

Oh, and here is a parting shot for you. This is Libby making her blog debut. Loves: Crinkley paper and cat treats. Hates: flowers, apparently.


And for those of you who haven't noticed yet I'm doing a giveaway to celebrate my 25th post. Go comment and win something!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun, presents are always great!

Marmadaisy said...

Yarrrrr! I be lovin dem goodies in th'post yarr. That didn't really work, did it? Pretend it did.
Thanks for your comment, I think I can rescue the scarf.

KR said...

What a lovely bundle of goodness! :) I have really enjoyed reading over your blog a bit. Thank you for stopping by mine as well. I'll definitely be coming back :)

Hugs
Kristin
http://homegrownrose.typepad.com/reclaimingthehome

Tiffany said...

I LOVE Invader Zim. I made a clay bust of Gir this past quarter. I'll email it to you to see. :)

Happy early birthday!!

Anonymous said...

What great presents and the pirate suitcase is just brilliant!

Anonymous said...

It's time for you to start blogging again!! We miss you and your writing.